Re: [SCTP-Discussion] a weird bug (segmentation fault)

  • From: Thomas Dreibholz <dreibh AT iem.uni-due.de>
  • To: "Julio Kriger" <juliokriger AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] a weird bug (segmentation fault)
  • Date: Thu Jun 1 15:52:05 2006

On Thursday 01 June 2006 14:53, Julio Kriger wrote:
> Hi Thomas!
> Thank you very much! for looking at the code. I will modify the code to
> adjust it to what you say.
>
> For the sake of clarity, correct me if I'm wrong:
>
> 1) The must be a single mutex

Yes.

> 2) I must not use lock() / unlock() on all the callback function defined in
> "SCTP_ulpCallbacks" struct.

Yes, since the mutex already has been obtained (by sctp_extendedEventLoop()
itself) when the callback functions are called, trying to obtain to mutex
again causes a deadlock.

> 3) On others functions I must use lock() / unlock() when calling
> "SCTP_xxxx" function from the library.

Yes, except for sctp_extendedEventLoop(). sctp_extendedEventLoop() expects
the
mutex to be in the unlocked state and will return the mutex in the unlocked
state.

Dipl.-Inform. Thomas Dreibholz

University of Essen, Room ES210
Inst. for Experimental Mathematics Ellernstraße 29
Computer Networking Technology Group D-45326 Essen/Germany
E-Mail:
dreibh AT exp-math.uni-essen.de
Homepage: http://www.exp-math.uni-essen.de/~dreibh