[SCTP-Discussion] problem while testing SUA implementation

  • From: "Michal Piliszek" <Michal.Piliszek AT centertel.pl>
  • To: <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] problem while testing SUA implementation
  • Date: Tue Aug 29 11:42:17 2006

Hi there,

I've been trying to test the SUA implementation supported on sigtran.org (sualibrary-0.1.4) with the test tool given with it (./testup ...). There seems to be a problem with the length of the message. Could anybody tell me what could be the reason of this problem (and mayby of the other small problems which occur) and give me a reasonable sollution to it?

Here is what testup prints:

Number of local sua instance to register = 1

Register SUA(& SCTP) local instance nr 1, SSN = 8

SCTP instance name = 1

Associate remote SUA(& SCTP) instance nr 1 with local SUA(& SCTP) instance nr 1

SCTP association result = 1

sctp_registerUserCallback result = 2

Let Test User Part run free!!!!

Received Communication Up indication for association 1

Status CommunicationUpNotif = 2, number of addresses used = 1

Number of input streams = 2, number of output streams = 2

sua_distribution.c:should send ASPUP

01000301 00000008

SUA message size = 8

sua_asp_mgnt.c:result ASPUP sctp send = 0

Received a Network status change notification from SCTP for association 1

Received a Data notification from SCTP for association 1 : handle and distribute

01000602 00000004 00000001

SUA message size = 12

Error position = 4

Decoding : Invalid message length

Decoding error in received SUA message : Decoding : Invalid message length, index = 4

Received indication that communication with remote peer was lost for association 1

Status CommunicationLostNotif = 1

ASP down for SUA association 1

Received Communication Up indication for association 2

Status CommunicationUpNotif = 1, number of addresses used = 1

Number of input streams = 2, number of output streams = 2

association 2 is not present

SCTP association 2 result = 0

number of asoc = 1

same number of addresses

found same ip address

Associate remote SUA(& SCTP) instance nr 2 with local SUA(& SCTP) instance nr 1

sua_distribution.c:should send ASPUP

01000301 00000008

SUA message size = 8

sua_asp_mgnt.c:result ASPUP sctp send = 0

Received a Network status change notification from SCTP for association 2

Received a Data notification from SCTP for association 2 : handle and distribute

01000602 00000004 00000001

.... and so on...