[SCTP-Discussion] prooblem with loosing SCTP association

  • From: "Michal Piliszek" <Michal.Piliszek AT centertel.pl>
  • To: <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] prooblem with loosing SCTP association
  • Date: Fri Sep 1 10:12:06 2006

I have a new problem, a little connected with the one I had while I was testing SUA. I seem to be loosing SCTP association and I am not sure what is the reason of this. I noticed that, while I was running the test tool for SUA. Coene Lode wrote:

"The SUA implementation sends out a ASP_UP and then something is received from the remote peer...

That received message has SUA message class 6 , which means reserved....

So the SUA implementation decoder gives out a decoding error(telling it is a length error which is not factually correct...) So somebody is sending SUA msg with reserved message class to the SUA implementation.

The remote peer should not be sending that sort of message to the SUA implementation.."

My question is: How does the SCTP react if it gets as a reply a reserved message? Does it terminate the association? Is this message the reason for loosing association, or is it something else?

I attached a file with what the SUA test tool prints.

Number of local sua instance to register = 1
Register SUA(& SCTP) local instance nr 1, SSN = 1
SCTP instance name = 1
Error Info: 07:58:12.627 - sctp_getAssocDefaults : Did not find Instance
Number 0
Error Info: 07:58:12.627 - sctp_setAssocDefaults : Did not find Instance
Number 0
Associate remote SUA(& SCTP) instance nr 1 with local SUA(& SCTP) instance nr
1
SCTP association result = 1
sctp_registerUserCallback result = 2
Let Test User Part run free!!!!
Received Communication Up indication for association 1
Status CommunicationUpNotif = 2, number of addresses used = 1
Number of input streams = 2, number of output streams = 2
sua_distribution.c:should send ASPUP
01000301 00000008
SUA message size = 8
sua_asp_mgnt.c:result ASPUP sctp send = 0
Received a Network status change notification from SCTP for association 1
Received a Data notification from SCTP for association 1 : handle and
distribute
01000b02 00000014 00ffffff 00ffffff 00000001

SUA message size = 20
Error position = 2
Decoding : Unknown message class
Decoding error in received SUA message : Decoding : Unknown message class,
index = 2
Error Info: 07:58:13.311 - mdi_readSCTP_control: association not set
Error Info: 07:58:13.311 - mdi_readSCTP_control: association not set
Error Info: 07:58:13.311 - sci_getCookieLifeTime(): read SCTP-control failed
Error Info: 07:58:13.311 - mdi_readRX_control: association not set
Error Info: 07:58:13.311 - rxc_buffer instance not set !
Error Info: 07:58:13.315 - mdi_readLocalTag: association not set
Error Info: 07:58:13.315 - mdi_readAssociationID: association not set
Error Info: 07:58:13.315 - mdi_readSCTP_control: association not set
Received Communication Up indication for association 2
Status CommunicationUpNotif = 1, number of addresses used = 1
Number of input streams = 2, number of output streams = 2
association 2 is not present
SCTP association 2 result = 0
number of asoc = 1
same number of addresses
not found ???
Received indication that communication with remote peer was lost for
association 2
Status CommunicationLostNotif = 1
sua_distribution.c:should send ASPUP
Received a Network status change notification from SCTP for association 2