[SCTP-Discussion] Fast Recovery question(s)

  • From: Hendrik Land <mail AT hendrik-land.de>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] Fast Recovery question(s)
  • Date: Mon Sep 4 14:22:36 2006

Hi list,

I have some general questions regarding the fast recovery mechanism. I assume
the following scenario:

We are in Fast Recovery phase (cumulative ack < fast recovery exit point, a
fast
retransmit has been performed).

1.) When another fast retransmit event occurs, do we send another fast
retransmit (even though we are in fast recovery phase) or do we only mark
packets for retransmission?

2.) All packets that have been tagged for retransmission have been
retransmitted
and cwnd allows more data to be sent. Do we send this data or do we wait until
fast recovery is over?

3.) Similar to question 2 but we do have retransmissions outstanding that can
not be retransmitted due to cwnd restrictions. Do we send new data instead to
use up the cwnd?

I couldn't find a clear answer to these questions in the RFCs. Any comments
greatly appreciated.

Regards

Hendrik

  • [SCTP-Discussion] Fast Recovery question(s), Hendrik Land, 09/04/2006