Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Example of ending an SCTP association

  • From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: "Julio Kriger" <juliokriger AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Example of ending an SCTP association
  • Date: Tue Oct 10 17:51:50 2006

Hi Julio,

the code you are interested in is

if (length == 0) {
SCTP_unregisterStdinCallback();
if (useAbort) {
SCTP_abort(associationID);
} else {
SCTP_shutdown(associationID);
}

On Oct 10, 2006, at 3:01 PM, Julio Kriger wrote:

Hi Michael!
I look at terminal.c and fin the lines:

/* delete the association, instance and terminate */
SCTP_deleteAssociation(assocID);
SCTP_unregisterInstance((unsigned short)sctpInstance);
exit(0);

But this, I think, is somewhat abrupt.

In my program I have 4 threads working as client threads and 4 threads working as server threads. The clients connect to the server. So when the clients finished their work, they end the communication (and its thread).
So how do I end the client communication (and its thread)? And how do I *catch* on the server this *end of communication*, so I can end the server thread? TIA.

Regards,
Julio

On 10/10/06, Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de> wrote: Hi Julio,

you might want to look at the terminal.c example which shows how to
do it.

On Oct 9, 2006, at 3:55 PM, Julio Kriger wrote:

> Hi!
> I followed the example program echo_tool.c to build my own. But
> there is something missing about it.
>
> I would like to know the correct way of shuting down a SCTP
> association. Can anyone explain it to me? TIA.
>
> Regards,
> Julio
>
> --
> --
> From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was
> convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it.
> Groucho Marx
> Julio Kriger

mailto:juliokriger AT gmail.com

From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it.