Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Possible bug in sci_timer_expired

  • From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: Oleg Levy <buskila AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Possible bug in sci_timer_expired
  • Date: Mon Oct 23 10:22:01 2006

Hi Oleg,

I think that is a bug. Can you try the attached SCTP-control.c?

On Oct 22, 2006, at 7:01 PM, Oleg Levy wrote:

Hello

I think there is a possible bug in the sci_timer_expired() function in SCTP-control.c (i'm working with version 1.0.5 of sctplib)

When the timer expires, the association state is COOKIE_WAIT and the maximum number of retransmissions was reached, the function calls mdi_communicationLostNotif() to notify the upper layer. The upper layer calls sctp_deleteAssociation() which in turn calls mdi_removeAssociation() which deletes the SCTP_control instance.

The sci_timer_expired() function proceeds and tries to free the initChunk member of the localData (which was set to the SCTP_control instance previously removed by sctp_deleteAssociation ()) and this leads to the crash.

My question if it is correct to call sctp_deleteAssociation() from within the notification.

regards
oleg