Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Problem Installing socketapi-1.9.0

  • From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: vishal AT endace.com
  • Cc: "Thomas Dreibholz" <dreibh AT iem.uni-due.de>, discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Problem Installing socketapi-1.9.0
  • Date: Sat Nov 11 15:22:23 2006

Hi Vishal,

do you have the autotools (automake, autoheader, ...) installed?
If yes, what happens if you
untar the socketapi stuff in a fresh directory
and put the following into a file called bootstrap.

#! /bin/sh
set -x
# if [ ! -d admin ] ; then
# mkdir admin
# fi
# if [ -e admin/config.guess ] ; then
# mv -f admin/config.guess admin/config.guess.save
# fi
# if [ -e admin/config.sub ] ; then
# mv -f admin/config.sub admin/config.sub.save
# fi
if [ -e /usr/bin/glibtoolize ] ; then
glibtoolize --force
elif [ -e /usr/bin/libtoolize ] ; then
libtoolize --force
else
# if [ -e admin/config.guess.save ] ; then
# mv -f admin/config.guess.save admin/config.guess
# fi
# if [ -e admin/config.sub.save ] ; then
# mv -f admin/config.sub.save admin/config.sub
# fi
echo "ERROR: I cannot find libtoolize or glibtoolize!"
exit 1
fi
# rm -f admin/config.guess admin/config.sub
# mv -f admin/config.guess.save admin/config.guess
# mv -f admin/config.sub.save admin/config.sub

if [ -e /usr/local/share/aclocal ] ; then
aclocal -I /usr/local/share/aclocal -I /usr/share/aclocal
else
aclocal -I /usr/share/aclocal
fi
autoheader
automake --gnu --add-missing --copy
autoconf

Make it executable and run
./bootstrap
./configure --the-args-you-want-to-be-used
make

Does this help?

On Nov 10, 2006, at 12:30 AM,
vishal AT endace.com
wrote:

Hi,

I managed to install sctplib in the default directory, and then tried
to install socketapi in my home directory with root access...But I
still got the SAME error...

libsctpsocket.la is the file which seems to be missing!

Thanks!

Vishal