Re: [SCTP-Discussion] The difference of SCTP implementation on Linux and Solaris

  • From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: bhumipat likitthammanit <bhumipattt AT yahoo.com>
  • Cc: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] The difference of SCTP implementation on Linux and Solaris
  • Date: Thu Jan 4 13:52:01 2007

Hi Pumipat,

you might want to read section

7.1.16. Set/clear IPv4 mapped addresses (SCTP_I_WANT_MAPPED_V4_ADDR)

This socket option is a boolean flag which turns on or off mapped V4
addresses. If this option is turned on and the socket is type
PF_INET6, then IPv4 addresses will be mapped to V6 representation.
If this option is turned off, then no mapping will be done of V4
addresses and a user will receive both PF_INET6 and PF_INET type
addresses on the socket.

By default this option is turned on and expects an integer to be
passed where non-zero turns on the option and zero turns off the
option.

of http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg- sctpsocket-14.txt