[SCTP-Discussion] Preventing Retransmission over Alternate Link

  • From: John Fitzpatrick <john.fitzpatrick4 AT mail.dcu.ie>
  • To: sctp-discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] Preventing Retransmission over Alternate Link
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 14:59:26 +0000

Hi all,

Sorry for posting this twice, I still have not solved the problem, ANy help
is greatly appreciated.

I have a setup in which both client and server are multi-homed each with
three interfaces, A,B and C. Routing is done so that only interface A of
the client can reach interface A of the server, ditto for interfaces B
and C, essentially creating three independent links.

While A is set as the primary address I am using the sendto() function
to transmit from server to client over link B, I am attempting to
measure loss and RTT on link B. Unfortunately if the quality of link B
is poor SCTP is retransmitting packets over link C.

My question is this, is there a way to force SCTP to not retransmit
packets over an alternate link?

Can the RTO for each link be modified so that it will not be reached and
no retransmission over an alternate link will take place?

Would using a different stream for each link prevent retransmissions
over an alternate link?

Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,
John Fitzpatrick

  • [SCTP-Discussion] Preventing Retransmission over Alternate Link, John Fitzpatrick, 01/16/2008