Re: [SCTP-Discussion] How to shutdown sctp library?

  • From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: <ashok.akumar AT wipro.com> <ashok.akumar AT wipro.com>
  • Cc: sctp-discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] How to shutdown sctp library?
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 15:36:41 +0200

Hi Ashok,

currently there is no API for it...

On May 20, 2008, at 7:30 AM, <ashok.akumar AT wipro.com> <ashok.akumar AT wipro.com > wrote:

Hi all,

I am using a 3rd party sctp library for my project but when I call sctp_shutdown(unsigned short assocID)
it sends SHUTDOWN, receives SHUTDOWN_ACK and then sends SHUTDOWN_COMPLETE.
At my end, I am removing all the associations but after SHUTDOWN_COMPLETE, I receive INIT and the sctp layer replies with INIT_ACK which I don't want. I guess this is bcoz sctp library is still running.

I want to know how to shutdown the sctp library so that it closes all the connections with the peer sctp layer?
Any help on this will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ashok

www.wipro.com