Re: [SCTP-Discussion] New Be Question

  • From: Thomas Dreibholz <dreibh AT iem.uni-due.de>
  • To: sctp-discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] New Be Question
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 11:55:35 +0200

On Montag, 1. September 2008, Mark Rader wrote:
> Hello.
>

> I am trying to set up a special purpose SCTP server. I need to get the
> association ID on the server side which created after the client makes
> contact. How can I do this?

After successful association establishment, you can find the assoc ID in the
SCTP_COMM_UP notification. You have to turn on reception of notifications
before (using SCTP_EVENTS) option.

Also, have a look at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctpsocket-17.txt.

The SCTP socket API code provides some examples in the
socketapi/socket_programs/ directory. They will be probably helpful for you.

Dr. Thomas Dreibholz

University of Duisburg-Essen, Room ES210
Inst. for Experimental Mathematics Ellernstraße 29
Computer Networking Technology Group D-45326 Essen/Germany
E-Mail:
dreibh AT iem.uni-due.de
Homepage: http://www.iem.uni-due.de/~dreibh