Re: [SCTP-Discussion] sctp_send() with large data

  • From: "Sunghwan Ihm" <sihm AT cs.princeton.edu>
  • To: "Michael Tuexen" <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • Cc: sctp-discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] sctp_send() with large data
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 13:53:53 -0400
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:reply-to:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to :mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding :content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=TpW8JHtI6W3XwpfPn2YulrJatH1Uz3vimYKG6/1ahITVLZpZQQ+d70fmSPmvgdt+vm XHlXn0TTsiXIYREfhKVs9JtyTpwG0gwIrPWPgo01M3Jaz5l+689uKJ6Vlid40DkWBazO cgnF/YCOx8mF2g1ciYvPBwSumPtzNSBlx15Bg=

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your quick response. I googled "sctplib partial
delivery" and I found that the issue was already mentioned in this
list back in 2002. Maybe I should change my code to issue sctp_send()
with small messages, and have the receiver side to reassemble the
original large message. But it would be definitely helpful if
sctp_send() returns an appropriate error message when the message is
larger than the receiver window, and the receiver is unable to send
it. (Even sendFailureNotif() callback was not called.) Anyway I really
appreciate your help again.

Thanks,
Sunghwan

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 6:03 AM, Michael Tuexen
<Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>