Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Compile socketapi-2.1.0 error

  • From: Thomas Dreibholz <dreibh AT iem.uni-due.de>
  • To: sctp-discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Compile socketapi-2.1.0 error
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 08:49:07 +0100

On Dienstag 16 Dezember 2008, WANG Leo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got the error attached below when make socketapi-2.1.0
>
> I have sctplib-1.0.7 compiled with -enable-shared and installed under
> /usr/local/lib

The option is "--enable-shared". Two "-" characters. This may be the problem.

> My OS is RHEL5 x86_64, I ran ./configure and make socketapi-2.1.0
> without any options. What I did wrong here?

You may also try "--enable-shared" here.

I have not tested under RHEL5, since I have not installed this distribution.
However, I just made a test under Ubuntu 64-bit, building a shared version of
sctplib simply works by "./configure" (without any options). This creates the
shared version as well as the static version. "make install" will install
both of them. Then, for socketapi, "./configure" (without any options) will
create shared and static versions of the socket API library.

Dr. Thomas Dreibholz

University of Duisburg-Essen, Room ES210
Inst. for Experimental Mathematics Ellernstraße 29
Computer Networking Technology Group D-45326 Essen/Germany
E-Mail:
dreibh AT iem.uni-due.de
Homepage: http://www.iem.uni-due.de/~dreibh