Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Discard and Echo Server

  • From: Thomas Dreibholz <dreibh AT iem.uni-due.de>
  • To: sctp-discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Discard and Echo Server
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 12:06:37 +0100

On Dienstag, 23. Dezember 2008, Martin Auer wrote:

> Hello and merry christmas.

> In the socket-api document in chapter 7. the two servers are mentioned

> but I have not the programming skills to write such servers on my own,

> even if I have the socket-api documentation.

Have a look into the directory "socket_programs" of the socketapi package. There, you will find a server for the services Echo, Discard, Daytime, Chargen (combined_server) using the 1-to-1-style API (1to1) and the 1-to-many-style API (1toM). Also, you can find a client (terminal) to access these services.

If you are interested in highly-available versions of these services, try the RSerPool implementation RSPLIB at http://tdrwww.exp-math.uni-essen.de/dreibholz/rserpool/ .

Dr. Thomas Dreibholz

University of Duisburg-Essen, Room ES210

Inst. for Experimental Mathematics Ellernstraße 29

Computer Networking Technology Group D-45326 Essen/Germany

E-Mail: dreibh AT iem.uni-due.de

Homepage: http://www.iem.uni-due.de/~dreibh