[SCTP-Discussion] Problems with compiling an application

  • From: Andreas Weick <andreasweick AT gmx.de>
  • To: sctp-discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] Problems with compiling an application
  • Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 17:55:48 +0100

I have some problems with compiling a test application for sctplib. I have successfully installed sctplib-1.0.8 and socketapi-2.2.0 under Ubuntu 8.10 and the example programs like echo_server work fine as well. But when I try to compile a test application with the command the API provides I get the following error:

/gcc -o test test.c -lsctp -lglib
/>>//usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lsctp
/>>/collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

/

I get the same error when I try this:

//gcc -o test test.c -L/usr/local/lib/ -lsctp -lglib
//

/
/

I heard about compiling by using the makefile, but I am not very familiar with Linux and I don't know exactly what to do about this problem. It would be apprectiated, if you could help me.

regards
Andreas