Re: [SCTP-Discussion] About different implementations

  • From: Gonçalo Bernardo <goncalo.bernardo AT fe.up.pt>
  • To: Michael Tüxen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • Cc: sctp-discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] About different implementations
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 17:48:04 +0100

inline

Michael Tüxen wrote:
On Sep 21, 2009, at 1:52 AM, Gonçalo Bernardo wrote:

hi everyone!,

can you please teach me how the hell the implementations sctplib+socketapi work and what are the differences to lksctp implementation?
The sctplib is a different implementation, running in userland and does not
provide a lot of features. When using Linux, I would recommend using the
Linux kernel implemenation.
it happened that i had exactly the opposite idea. which one of them better approaches draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctpsocket-19.txt?
is there any other documentation relating lksctp?

just another question about lksctp. imagine this: you have two endpoints A (sigle-homed) and B (multi-homed 1,2). A sends a message to B1 (the only B address that it is aware of) that implicitly establishes a connection. Having A set SCTP_ASSOC_CHANGE before it expects to receive an SCTP_COMM_UP notification. in the meanwhile B1 goes down. is it possible that SCTP_ASSOC_CHANGE appears as arriving from B2 leaving A with no confirmation for the required association with B? =S

thanks,
gonçalo

as a beginner i noticed that any of the sources provided under socket_programs has an include directive like <sctp.h>. in light of this, how does the compller knows the sctp terms?

another question: while using lksctp i have to specify -lsctp on gcc. what about sctplib+socketapi?
If you want to link a program against sctplib and socketapilib, have a look at the
corresponding Makefiles...

i'm a bit lost as you can see!!
First of all: Make a choice. Use the kernel (which is what I would
recommend) or use the userland implementation.

thanks in advance