Re: [SCTP-Discussion] running sctp application on single pc with loopback address + port combination

  • From: Thomas Dreibholz <dreibh AT iem.uni-due.de>
  • To: sctp-discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] running sctp application on single pc with loopback address + port combination
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 12:00:50 +0100

Dear Deepa Sudarshan,

if OOTB ABORT handling is turned on (default for sctplib), more than one
instance cannot run on the same host. You will see ABORTs in a Wireshark
trace.

To run multiple sctplib instances on the same host, turn OOTB ABORT handling
off. test_tool has no option for this yet. Adding
SCTP_getLibraryParameters(&params);
params.sendOotbAborts = 0;
SCTP_setLibraryParameters(&params);
directly after sctp_initLibrary() should solve your problem. ("param" is of
type SCTP_LibraryParameters. Also add declaration "SCTP_LibraryParameters
params;" in main()). Also see the other sources.

On Montag 31 Januar 2011, Deepa Sudarshan wrote:
> Hello All
>
> With the scripts available in the sctp package, from the sample programs
> directory, the following step is tried.
>
> We are trying to run the sctp application in the same pc with loopback
> address + port combination.
>
> With the above thing, the communication losts very soon. With two different
> PCs it works fine.
>
> Can any one Please suggest if any other changes needs to be done for this
> or any other method available?.
>
> Attached are the scripts used.
>
> Commands used:
> 1) ./test_tool script1
> 2) ./test_tool script2

Dr. Thomas Dreibholz

University of Duisburg-Essen, Room ES210
Inst. for Experimental Mathematics Ellernstraße 29
Computer Networking Technology Group D-45326 Essen/Germany
E-Mail:
dreibh AT iem.uni-due.de
Homepage: http://www.iem.uni-due.de/~dreibh