Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Lot of "Abort"

  • From: Christopher HENARD <christopher.henard AT esial.net>
  • To: Michael Tüxen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • Cc: sctp-discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Lot of "Abort"
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 07:35:28 +0200

Hi Micahel,

You were right, the reason it didn't work was because I had the lksctp lib (linux kernel sctp) installed. I uninstalled before I mail the list it but it seems the computer has to be reboot to take effect !

Everything works great now, no more abort. Thank you for your help !

Best regards,
Chris

2011/5/24 Michael Tüxen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
On May 24, 2011, at 4:55 PM, Christopher HENARD wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm trying to use sctplib-1.0.10 but I have some problems.
>
> I'm running the test programs echo_server and terminal, and it works in local (127.0.0.1) with -i option. However, I'm using wireshark and I see there are continuously abort messages sent, even after the first init and I don't understand why. The sequence is like Init, Abort, Init_Ack, Abort, Cookie_Echo, Abort....Heartbeat, Abort, Heartbeat_Ack....Data, Abort, Sack_data...But it works.
Hi Christopher,

hmm. Which OS are you using? Could it be that your operating system has an SCTP
stack which generates the ABORTs? When using the userland stack, you can't have
a kernel stack at the same time.