RSPlib Discussions

Text archives Help

Re: [RSPlib-Discusssion] connectToPoolElement()

  • From: "Marjan Bozinovski" <marjanb AT cpk.auc.dk>
  • To: "Thomas Dreibholz" <dreibh AT exp-math.uni-essen.de>, <rsplib-discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: Re: [RSPlib-Discusssion] connectToPoolElement()
  • Date: Tue Oct 22 14:52:00 2002

Thank you Thomas, now it works fine!

Best regards,
Marjan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas Dreibholz"
<dreibh AT exp-math.uni-essen.de>
To: "Marjan Bozinovski"
<marjanb AT cpk.auc.dk>;

<rsplib-discussion AT sctp.de>
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2002 1:57 PM

Am Dienstag, 22. Oktober 2002 13:17 schrieb Marjan Bozinovski:
> >If you are using the same version of connectToPoolElement() as in
> >examplepu.c, the ext_select() call after the ext_connect() should wait
>
> until
>
> >the connection is successfully established. The ext_connect() itself
> >immediately returns, since the socket is set to non-blocking. Therefore,
>
> the
>
> >ext_select() is necessary.
> >Please check if the ext_select() is executed and that there is no fork().
>
> If
>
> >the source is okay, send me the debug output (including all the debug
> >#defines in the socket API enabled as for finding the fork() problem).
> > Also send me your latest source, so I can try to reproduce it on our
> > FreeBSD machine.
>
> I am using the same connectToPoolElement() as in examplepu.c. But,
> ext_select() is never executed. The ext_connect() returns 0, so in the
next
> "if" ext_select is not executed.

There is a bug in ext_connect() setting the return value to 0 although
the socket is non-blocking. In the non-blocking case, the result should
be -1
and errno=EINPROGRESS. Go to sctpsocketwrapper.cc, ext_connect() and change

tdSocket->Socket.SCTPSocketDesc.SCTPAssociationPtr =
tdSocket->Socket.SCTPSocketDesc.SCTPSocketPtr->associate(
tdSocket->Socket.SCTPSocketDesc.InitMsg.sinit_num_ostreams,
*address,
!(tdSocket->Socket.SCTPSocketDesc.Flags & O_NONBLOCK));
delete address;
if(tdSocket->Socket.SCTPSocketDesc.SCTPAssociationPtr == NULL) {
errno_return(-EIO);
}
errno_return(0);

tdSocket->Socket.SCTPSocketDesc.SCTPAssociationPtr =
tdSocket->Socket.SCTPSocketDesc.SCTPSocketPtr->associate(
tdSocket->Socket.SCTPSocketDesc.InitMsg.sinit_num_ostreams,
*address,
!(tdSocket->Socket.SCTPSocketDesc.Flags & O_NONBLOCK));
delete address;
if(tdSocket->Socket.SCTPSocketDesc.SCTPAssociationPtr == NULL) {
errno_return(-EIO);
}
// ###### Add this!
else if(tdSocket->Socket.SCTPSocketDesc.Flags & O_NONBLOCK) {
errno_return(-EINPROGRESS);
}
// ################
errno_return(0);

Now, ext_connect() should return -1 and errno=EINPROGRESS for non-blocking
sockets and connectToPoolElement() should work.

Dipl.-Inform. Thomas Dreibholz

University of Essen, Room ES210
Inst. for Experimental Mathematics Ellernstraße 29
Computer Networking Technology Group D-45326 Essen/Germany
E-Mail:
dreibh AT exp-math.uni-essen.de
Homepage: http://www.exp-math.uni-essen.de/~dreibh