RSPlib Discussions

Text archives Help

Re: Fw: [RSPlib-Discusssion] unsupported address family

  • From: "Marjan Bozinovski" <marjanb AT cpk.auc.dk>
  • To: <rsplib-discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: Re: Fw: [RSPlib-Discusssion] unsupported address family
  • Date: Wed Feb 26 11:52:00 2003

Hi Thomas,

The problem is solved! There were two causes of the error:

1. Problem with the last line of the file "/etc/hosts".
I don't know why, but sometimes the last mapping entry line of this file
does not function. So, in this particular case, the host name of the peer
could not be resolved and this was the cause of the error reported.

2. Problem with the network card of the peer whose entry did not function in
the "/etc/hosts".
Even when the first problem was solved, the connection could not be
established, but this time due to a problem with the network card of the
same host! The ping from any other host did not work with this interface.
After opening the PC case (and doing nothing with the card :)), closing it
again, and switching the PC on, the NIC was up again. I have no explanation
for this.

As just a small comment, to my understanding, the probability of the joint
event (1 and 2 happening together) is almost zero. But, it still happened
:-).

However, thank you for the advices.

Best regards,
Marjan