RSPlib Discussions

Text archives Help

[RSPlib-Discusssion] Having trouble compiling applications

  • From: Martin Kirch Dige <mdige AT es.aau.dk>
  • To: rsplib-discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [RSPlib-Discusssion] Having trouble compiling applications
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 10:31:17 +0100

Hi everyone

I am having some troubles using RSPlib for a VoIP project. I have only recently started using RSPlib and is so far having troubles when compiling applications which utilises RSPlib.

OS: Debian
RSPlib: v.2.6.0  (using kernel-sctp)

I have installed RSPlib without problems. It was configured with the following options:
./configure --enable-qt --disable-hsmgtveridy --disable-maintainer-mode --enable-shared --disable-static --enable-csp
followed by
make
make install (as root)
which copied various  header files has been  placed in  /usr/local/include/rserpool/ during make install.

The troubles arises when I try to develop my own applications which utilises RSPlib. These applications are not positioned where the rsplib files were extracted during the installation since I prefer having these application located separately.
My applications include "rserpool.h", "rserpool-internals.h" etc. and they are based on the sample applications (e.g. server) which was supplied with rsplib 2.6.0. Now for the actual questions:

1. I receive this error when compiling my application:
undefined reference to `rsp_initinfo'

The app includes rserpool.h which defines

void rsp_initinfo(struct rsp_info* info);

however it seems that the function is never defined. Have been browsing the source code and can see that the function is defined in rsputilities.c in the rsplib source files. There is however no rsputilities.h header file in /usr/local/include/rserpool/. Is this due to en error or am I simply not using rsplib correctly?
I have read through the High Availability using Reliable Server Pooling paper as suggested elsewhere on the mailing list - but I still find it a bit difficult to understand the RSPlib API, since there documentation as a bit limited.

2. All need to design both a PE and PU applications. Which examples from the rsplib source files would you recommend as the best examples of how to develop a PE and a PU application?

Any help will be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance

Best regards

Martin
Aalborg University, Denmark