Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Timer

  • From: Andreas Jungmaier <ajung AT exp-math.uni-essen.de>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Cc: sergej.pocuca AT SIEMENS.HR
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Timer
  • Date: Tue Oct 10 10:53:01 2000

Thus spake Pocuca Sergej
(sergej.pocuca AT SIEMENS.HR):

> Hallo!
> I have another question! If I want to make a function which purpose is to
> send only 2 data chunk ( I'll put what I want as data) should I use timer?
> Is it possible not to use the timer? Why do you use the timer in your
> program? Is it necessary to use one?

We tested the program in a way that it scheduled a SEND
operation itself, like every 50ms or so. That is not necessary, as
you could also use the send function directly, i.e. after you have
got a COMMUNICATION UP callback...

Regards,

Andreas

"Use the Source, Luke !" -- Yoda
Andreas Jungmaier, Dipl.-Ing.
University of Essen -- Computer Networking Technology Group
Tel.: +49 (0201) 183-7636 email:
ajung AT exp-math.uni-essen.de
http://www.exp-math.uni-essen.de/~ajung/
see http://www.exp-math.uni-essen.de/~ajung/pubring.asc for PGP public key