Re: [SCTP-Discussion] SCTP package

  • From: Andreas Jungmaier <ajung AT exp-math.uni-essen.de>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] SCTP package
  • Date: Sun Jan 21 15:12:01 2001

Leonid,

unfortunately we have not been able to test the program on
an HP-UX operating system (it has so far only been tested on
Linux, FreeBSD, MacOS-X as far as I know, and may also run
on Solaris).
So, some of the OS-dependant C-Files may use constants, that
other OSs declare in different include-files or that possess
altogether different names.
You would need to look for the respective constant that HP-UX
uses (and once again, I do not know how raw IP sockets work on
HP-UX), set the respective socket option (in the mentioned line
323 the socket option is set that allows for the OS to automatically
assemble and fill in most parts of the IP-header, like checksum,
source address etc.)

If you manage to send a clean patch to me, I will incorporate
it for HP-UX support.

Best regards,

Andreas

On Sonntag, 21. Januar 2001 14:47, you wrote:
> Hi,
> I am only starting to work with the SCTP, and have downloaded
> the sctp-0.10.0 from the www.sctp.de.
> I work on the HP-UX B.10.20.
> The following error is received from the "make":

> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -g -O2 -DSNAKE
> -I/opt/glib/lib/glib/include -I/opt/glib/include -c adaptation.c
> adaptation.c: In function `adl_open_sctp_socket':
> adaptation.c:323: `IP_HDRINCL' undeclared (first use this function)
> adaptation.c:323: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> adaptation.c:323: for each function it appears in.)
> make[3]: *** [adaptation.o] Error
>
> Could You please explain what is the problem?
>
> Regards,
> Leonid.

E-mail is insecure. It may be read by other people, modified in the
course of transmission, or even faked (see http://www.stopcarnivore.org) !
To protect your E-mail, use encryption programs, such as PGP or GPG,
which can be obtained for free from http://www.gnupg.org !!!!
Andreas Jungmaier, Dipl.-Ing.
University of Essen email:
ajung AT exp-math.uni-essen.de
Computer Networking Technology Group Tel. : +49 (0201) 183-7636
PGP Public Key and Fingerprint: see http://www.exp-math.uni-essen.de/~ajung