Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Configuring sctp-0.10.0 on Solaris x86

  • From: Michael Tüxen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Configuring sctp-0.10.0 on Solaris x86
  • Date: Wed Mar 14 08:29:01 2001

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001, Yiwen Jiang
<Yiwen.Jiang AT tic.siemens.ca>
wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>There was no indication on your web site or the documentation that came with
>the package indicating the OS platform, so I assume that since it is gnu
>free software, it *should* work for Solaris x86 OS.. If this is not true,
>then below would be all meaningless....
>

>I tried to configure your SCTP configuration on Solaris x86 on an Intel
>processor, but I ran into a configuration problem that I can't really figure
>out.. :( Below is the ./config output:
>
>[ticws217 sctp-0.10.0]$ ./configure
><... stuff omitted...>
>checking for glib-config... (cached) /tic/tools/bin/glib-config
>checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.0... no
>*** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
>*** The test program compiled, but did not run. This usually means
>*** that the run-time linker is not finding GLIB or finding the wrong
>*** version of GLIB. If it is not finding GLIB, you'll need to set your
>*** LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, or edit /etc/ld.so.conf to point
>*** to the installed location Also, make sure you have run ldconfig if that
>*** is required on your system
>***
>*** If you have an old version installed, it is best to remove it, although
>*** you may also be able to get things to work by modifying LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>***
>*** If you have a RedHat 5.0 system, you should remove the GTK package that
>*** came with the system with the command
>***
>*** rpm --erase --nodeps gtk gtk-devel
>configure: error: GLib distribution not found.
>[ticws217 sctp-0.10.0]$ glib-config --version
>1.2.8
>[ticws217 sctp-0.10.0]$ glib-config --libs
>-L/tic/tools/lib -lglib
>

>As you can see, I can find glib-config, and my glib is greater than 1.2.0...
>

>Now, when I tried to use the --disable-glibtest option, the configure
>process finishes, but when I tried to compile, I got:
>[ticws217 sctp-0.10.0]$ make
>cd . && /export/home/yjiang/work/sctp-0.10.0/missing autoheader
>/bin/sh: /export/home/yjiang/work/sctp-0.10.0/missing: cannot execute
>make: *** [stamp-h.in] Error 1
>
>Very strange...
>

>Cheers,
>Yiwen
>---
>Yiwen Jiang
>Mobile IP Networking
>Email:
>Yiwen.Jiang AT tic.siemens.ca
>Phone: (613)271-7710
>
>Telecom Innovation Centre
>505 March Road
>Kanata, Ontario, Canada
>K2K 2M5
Dear Yiweb,

in the Implementation header it is stated that our implementation support
Linux, FreeBSD and Mac OS X.
If you look into the code you will find some Solaris related stuff. This is
due to Solaris support we had in earlier versions. But we do not have access
to a solaris machine anymore we droped that support. Maybe someone from the
list can help us?

e-mail:
Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de