[SCTP-Discussion] Configuring sctp-0.10.0 on Solaris x86

  • From: Yiwen Jiang <Yiwen.Jiang AT tic.siemens.ca>
  • To: "'discussion AT sctp.de'" <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] Configuring sctp-0.10.0 on Solaris x86
  • Date: Tue Mar 13 22:36:00 2001

Hi there,

There was no indication on your web site or the documentation that came with
the package indicating the OS platform, so I assume that since it is gnu
free software, it *should* work for Solaris x86 OS.. If this is not true,
then below would be all meaningless....

I tried to configure your SCTP configuration on Solaris x86 on an Intel
processor, but I ran into a configuration problem that I can't really figure
out.. :( Below is the ./config output:

[ticws217 sctp-0.10.0]$ ./configure
<... stuff omitted...>
checking for glib-config... (cached) /tic/tools/bin/glib-config
checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.0... no
*** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
*** The test program compiled, but did not run. This usually means
*** that the run-time linker is not finding GLIB or finding the wrong
*** version of GLIB. If it is not finding GLIB, you'll need to set your
*** LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, or edit /etc/ld.so.conf to point
*** to the installed location Also, make sure you have run ldconfig if that
*** is required on your system
***
*** If you have an old version installed, it is best to remove it, although
*** you may also be able to get things to work by modifying LD_LIBRARY_PATH
***
*** If you have a RedHat 5.0 system, you should remove the GTK package that
*** came with the system with the command
***
*** rpm --erase --nodeps gtk gtk-devel
configure: error: GLib distribution not found.
[ticws217 sctp-0.10.0]$ glib-config --version
1.2.8
[ticws217 sctp-0.10.0]$ glib-config --libs
-L/tic/tools/lib -lglib

As you can see, I can find glib-config, and my glib is greater than 1.2.0...

Now, when I tried to use the --disable-glibtest option, the configure
process finishes, but when I tried to compile, I got:
[ticws217 sctp-0.10.0]$ make
cd . && /export/home/yjiang/work/sctp-0.10.0/missing autoheader
/bin/sh: /export/home/yjiang/work/sctp-0.10.0/missing: cannot execute
make: *** [stamp-h.in] Error 1

Very strange...

Cheers,
Yiwen