[SCTP-Discussion] significance of 'data retrieval id'

  • From: Anandhi <anandhi AT netlab.hcltech.com>
  • To: "discussion AT sctp.de" <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] significance of 'data retrieval id'
  • Date: Tue Apr 10 08:13:02 2001

Hi,

When there is an error in sending or when SCTP loses communication to an
endpoint completely, we will notify the Upper layer through SEND FAILURE
notification (RFC 2960 sec 10.2 B) or COMMUNICATION LOST notification.
(RFC 2960 sec 10.2 E).

The above notification has 'data retrieval id ' as an optional
parameter.This 'data retrieval id' is used in RECEIVE_UNSENT and
RECEIVE_UNACK primitives.

Can you tell me what is the significance of this 'data retrieval id'.
How it will be useful in retrieving the unsent or unack data.

Thanks in advance
Anandhi