RE: [SCTP-Discussion] significance of 'data retrieval id'

  • From: Tuexen Michael <Michael.Tuexen AT icn.siemens.de>
  • To: "'discussion AT sctp.de'" <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: RE: [SCTP-Discussion] significance of 'data retrieval id'
  • Date: Wed Apr 11 15:17:01 2001

Dear all,

currently we have not implemented the data retrieval stuff at
all. We only have functions that return an error value.

Look at the commLost callback to see that we do not plan to
use this optional parameter in sctp_receiveUnsent and
sctp_receiveUnacked. We will retieve them all, one after the other.

The sendFailureNotif is not called in our code. But it could be
for example if we would support the feature of limiting the
time a data chunk is in the transmission queue. If that limit
would exceed, one would use this Notif. But we havent thought
about that and will not implement this in the near future.

Hope, that helps

BEst regards
Michael

Michael Tuexen Tel.: +49 89 722 47210