[SCTP-Discussion] compile problem with use of glib-2.1.2-11 [RH6.1]

  • From: Vaclav Urbanek <xurbanev AT fel.cvut.cz>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] compile problem with use of glib-2.1.2-11 [RH6.1]
  • Date: Sat May 5 14:44:01 2001

Hello all,
while I compiled a SCTP pre9 it stoppped while compiling adaptation.c.
The reason was clear. The compiler didn't know the structure in_pktinfo.

I found the declaration of this structure is loacated at
/usr/include/linux/in.h (kernel headers), but it is not at glibc's
/2.1.2-11/ devel header files /usr/include/netinet/in.h supported by
REDHAT 6.1 distibution.

I patched this by brute force approach. I moved this declaratinon from
/usr/include/linux/in.h directly into adaptation.c file and then
compilation passed ok.

The test programs seems to work. Is this patch clear, or do I need a
newer version of glibc? Or is there any other my well known mistake?

Thank You for replies.

Vaclav Urbanek