RE: [SCTP-Discussion] Running SCTP

  • From: Tuexen Michael <Michael.Tuexen AT icn.siemens.de>
  • To: "'discussion AT sctp.de'" <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: RE: [SCTP-Discussion] Running SCTP
  • Date: Mon Jun 18 10:09:01 2001

Dear all,

the simplest way is to use only single homing.

Configure one ethernet interface on host A with the
address 192.168.1.1 and subnet mask 255.255.255.0.

Configure one ethernet interface on host B with the
address 192.168.1.2 and subnet mask 255.255.255.0.

Connect these interfaces with a hub.

Start on host A the discard server:
./discard_server -s 192.168.1.1 -V
You must be root to do this. The -s parameter tells the discard_server
the IP addresses it should use and the -V flags says: Be very verbose.

Start on host B the terminal client:
./terminal -s 192.168.1.2 -d 192.168.1.1 -V
You must also be root to run this. The -s parameter and the -V flag are
the same as above. The -d parameter tells the terminal client to connect
to the host with IP address 192.168.1.1. It connects (per default) to
a discard server on the specified host.

If you now type something on host B it is transmitted to host A and
discarded. You should see corresponding output (due to the -V flag) and
you can use Ethereal to watch the traffic.

Hope this helps
Happy SCTPing
Michael

Michael Tuexen Tel.: +49 89 722 47210