[SCTP-Discussion] SCTP queries

  • From: kusum <kusum AT india.mercurykr.com>
  • To: discussion <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] SCTP queries
  • Date: Fri Jun 29 05:06:01 2001

Hi! all,

Here are some queries for SCTP which i couldn't understand...
1)what kind of security is provided by cookie mechanism and how?As every
feature of SCTP has reason behind it like multiple streams resolves the
problem of head of line blocking,and during association iniitalization
we deal the temperory TCB for resolving SYN attack problem of TCP .So
for which purpose we r using cookie mechanism?

2)It is mentioned in RFC that a host is multihomed if it is having
multiple transport address.but i think it shouldn't be like this.it
should be a host is multihomed if it support multiple IP addresses.
as we know that if we have one IP address and two ports
in that case we have two different transport address with same IP
address and different port numbers.but i think this is not
multihoming.multihoming is same port different IP addresses.Please
correct me......
regards.....
KK