[SCTP-Discussion] Unclear statement

  • From: "Marjan Bozinovski" <marjanb AT cpk.auc.dk>
  • To: <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] Unclear statement
  • Date: Sat Jul 14 16:03:02 2001

Dear Michael, dear Andreas,

Please explain me the following statement that I have found in the SCTP
documentation:

"So far, there has been only one ULP instance. In the future, the
communication between SCTP and the ULP shall be done with a locally bound
UDP socket that will be used to register a ULP instance with the SCTP
instance. Thus it will be possible to asynchronously call functions of the
SCTP protocol engine from a process that sends data on a local UDP socket,
and is passed the results and other notification messages back over that
socket."

Best regards,
Marjan