RE: [SCTP-Discussion] Using sctp_setPrimary(...)

  • From: Tuexen Michael <Michael.Tuexen AT icn.siemens.de>
  • To: "'discussion AT sctp.de'" <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: RE: [SCTP-Discussion] Using sctp_setPrimary(...)
  • Date: Fri Aug 24 13:51:01 2001

Dear Sebastian,
please see my comments below.

Michael Tuexen Tel.: +49 89 722 47210
Siemens AG Fax: +49 89 722 48212
ICN WN CS SE 5 E-mail:
Michael.Tuexen AT icn.siemens.de

[Tuexen Michael] With sctp_setPrimary you can set the
REMOTE IP-address where DATA chunks are send to. This is
possible only AFTER the association has been established.

> when I call sctp_setPrimary(assocId, 1); //to choise IP address
> 172.16.1.213
> return value is 1 (an error!!!)
[Tuexen Michael] Do you call it at the server or client,
before or after association establishment.
> I verify the value of numberOfAddress in struct SCTP_Association_Status is
> equal to 1
> (one IP address)
> primaryDestinationAddress is 172.16.1.212
> primaryAddressIndex is 0
[Tuexen Michael] Here you should see two addresses, right?

> I do that with the server and with the client, and I always had bad
> result!!!
>
> what is the problem, is it a bug?
[Tuexen Michael] Well, please indicate if you are doing it at the
server or the client, before or after the establishment of the assoc.
> thanks for answer
[Tuexen Michael] The numberOf Addresses should be two on the client,
1 at the server. You should be able to call
sctp_setprimary(associd,1) on the
server after the assoc has been established. The echo_tool does all
that and
it is working in pre13 and pre14.