AW: [SCTP-Discussion] Questions with Socket API

  • From: Benedict Rainer <rainer.benedict AT siemens.at>
  • To: "'discussion AT sctp.de'" <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: AW: [SCTP-Discussion] Questions with Socket API
  • Date: Thu Oct 11 12:04:01 2001

see my comments below.

Regards
Rainer

If primary path fails, it will be marked as inactive
and data will be sent out on a different path.
The primary path will stay the same, but the only
messages on an inactive path will be hearbeat and
heartbeat ack.
The only way to switch back is when a hearbeat sent
out on the primary path returns and sets the
primary path back to active state.
Did you have hearbeats enabled? It may take some time.