Re: [SCTP-Discussion] SCTP daemon and sctp_test_app don't connect remotely

  • From: M.Mueller (bhu5nji) <bhu5nji AT yahoo.com>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] SCTP daemon and sctp_test_app don't connect remotely
  • Date: Sat Feb 2 23:22:00 2002

By running remote, do you mean that sctplib runs on a stand-alone machine and
apps connect to it as though it a server?

Seems like a server front-end would need to be fashioned to make
that work.

I stuff sctplib into a daemon that implements a connection-less front-end.
My apps reside in other daemons. I've never tried it, but I suppose with a
little work I could have the daemons exist on separate machines. As Michael
points out, that would be risky using UDP. I trust UDP for IPC on single
machine (but I can't justify that trust rigorously).

Mike Mueller