RE: [SCTP-Discussion] SCTP daemon and sctp_test_app don't connect remotely

  • From: Sim Woon Chiat ICM CA MS MI E7 Extern <WoonChiat.Sim.extern AT icn.siemens.de>
  • To: "'discussion AT sctp.de'" <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: RE: [SCTP-Discussion] SCTP daemon and sctp_test_app don't connect remotely
  • Date: Wed Feb 6 14:17:03 2002

hi,

I do not quite understand the output from David's mail, as the daemon in
this case does not seem to be sctpd, but sctpDeamon. I am not too sure which
daemon is this (if there is more than one), but the output from starting
that daemon is also unfamiliar to me.

That said, i would like to make a note that the developers of the the daemon
(sctpd) and its test programs in the sctplib have not tested them against
IPv6. Also, like what Michael said, there is no flow control in the IPC
between the daemon and the apps using it.

Besides the lack of flow control, the daemon has other missing features. One
would be that it does not do fragmentation and reassembly. The size of each
message sent should be 1400 (assuming MTU of 1500) bytes or less.

The original intention of the daemon was to allow multiple application to
make use of the sctplib on the same machine. So, running apps against a
remote daemon have not been tested.

hopes this helps.
wc