Re: [SCTP-Discussion] SCTP Implementation

  • From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Cc: sahdev97 AT eng.uab.edu
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] SCTP Implementation
  • Date: Thu Mar 28 19:47:01 2002

Dear all,

first of all, pre17 is the most recent version. Please upgrade.

In sctplib/programs you will find sample programs. They are compiled
by default. You must be root to run them.

Start on one machine, for example, the combined server:

combined_server -V

The -V (very verbose) option gives you lots of information...

On the other machine start
terminal -s my-first-address -s my-second-address -s ... -d the-server-address -v

Replace the -s args by the IP-addresses of that machine. The -d argument must
be one of the IP-addresses of the machine running the combined_server.

You can add a -r port_number to the arg list to specify a service. The services provided
are discard, echo, daytime and chargen. See /etc/services for the corresponding port number.

If you can't get it up and running do not hesitate to contact me again.

Best regrads
Michael

On Thursday, March 28, 2002, at 04:46 AM,
sahdev97 AT eng.uab.edu
wrote:

Hi

I have installed the sctp-1.0.0-pre16 on two Linux boxes (RHL 7.2). I am not sure how I can send SCTP packets between the two boxes. I have installed ethereal on the boxes and want to see the SCTP packets exchange. I saw the test programs but I am not sure how to use them, do I need to compile them or what's the way to run them?

I am new to all this and would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Vikas Sahdev

Center for Telecommunication Education Research

UniversityofAlabamaatBirmingham

 (205) 975 5536

Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de