RE: [SCTP-Discussion] Send buffers of SCTPd

  • From: Sim Woon Chiat ICM CA MS MI E7 Extern <WoonChiat.Sim.extern AT icn.siemens.de>
  • To: "'discussion AT sctp.de'" <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: RE: [SCTP-Discussion] Send buffers of SCTPd
  • Date: Thu Apr 4 09:07:01 2002

hi Torbjorn,

The sctpd is no longer under active development. (At least not by the
original author)

One thing to note when using it is that there is no flow control between the
User Application (UA) and the sctpd. This means that the sctpd does not keep
a buffer of the data sent to it from the UA. It passes whatever data it
receives to a call to sctp_send(). Another thing to note is that there is a
limit to the data you should send to the sctpd per sctpd_send call, which is
1400 bytes. This is due to the lack of buffering on the part of the sctpd
library routines (i.e the sctpd_sent() call).

The above may be the cause of the loss of data.

Hope this helps.

regards.
woon chiat.