Re: [SCTP-Discussion] problem of sctpdlib ?

  • From: Andreas Jungmaier <ajung AT exp-math.uni-essen.de>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de, Hideki Kishida <kishida AT secnet.co.jp>
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] problem of sctpdlib ?
  • Date: Thu May 16 12:12:01 2002

Dear Hideki,

unfortunately the SCTPD version is a program that is
currently not actively being maintained, so we can
just make sure that it compiles with more recent
versions of sctplib.

The bug you mention is a limitation of the sctpd,
however, everyone is welcome to provide patches, as
the concept of using a provoleged sctpd with many
unprivileged user level programs is fairly nice.
However, as UDP is used as underlying transport
protocol (locally), it might happen that messages
are lost at times of exceptional system state, and
I cannot guarantee that all works well in that case.

If we cannot find a new maintainer for that part of
our current distribution, we may have to drop sctpd
from future releases.

Best regards,
Andreas