[SCTP-Discussion] server-client test !!

  • From: "Sumathi.Elangovan" <Sumathi.Elangovan AT uk.thalesgroup.com>
  • To: "'discussion AT sctp.de'" <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] server-client test !!
  • Date: Tue Oct 29 12:37:01 2002

Hi!
I am new to Linux and to SCTP.
I need an implementation that uses the SCTP API and I came across your Essen
project implementation. I have downloaded and installed socketapi -1.0.0 and
sctplib-1.0.0 -pre19 in linux. I am interested in a simple example that would
enable SCTP "association" and "data transfer" so that it will help me to
understand the basic structure and it would help me to adapt to the
application that I require . I followed the installation instructions
thouroughly for both socketapi and sctplib....by doing "./configure","make"
and "make install" respectively. I am more intetested in the "C" examples
within the socketapi. So I used the "K develop 1.4" to execute the c
examples...and I tried running all the examples.....the furthest I can get
from the results is "starting server on port 7,9,13,19" when I run
"./TCP_Combined_server - V". I am using linux version 2.4.17.
The question is .......
Is there an example that when executed from the "command prompt" or the "ide"
that would enable an "association" and a "data transfer" to take place
(either in "c" or "c++") . If the examples that is within the socketapi
package enables the "association" and "data transfer", then what are the
commands that need to be invoked when executed and which example to be used?
Am I missing something from the environment setup.....is there a document
that explains more in detail about the examples.....
Thanks for your help!!!

Regards
Sumathi Elangovan

Sumathi Elangovan
Design Engineer
Thales Research Limited
Reading
Tel: 0118 923 8272
Email :
Sumathi.Elangovan AT uk.thalesgroup.com

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may
not be divulged to any third party without the express permission of
the originator. Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to
be the views of Thales Research & Technology (UK) Ltd.