Re: [SCTP-Discussion] server-client test !!

  • From: Thomas Dreibholz <dreibh AT exp-math.uni-essen.de>
  • To: "Sumathi.Elangovan" <Sumathi.Elangovan AT uk.thalesgroup.com>, "'discussion AT sctp.de'" <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] server-client test !!
  • Date: Tue Oct 29 13:07:01 2002

Am Dienstag, 29. Oktober 2002 12:34 schrieb Sumathi.Elangovan:
> Hi!
> I am new to Linux and to SCTP.
> I need an implementation that uses the SCTP API and I came across your
> Essen project implementation. I have downloaded and installed socketapi
> -1.0.0 and sctplib-1.0.0 -pre19 in linux. I am interested in a simple
> example that would enable SCTP "association" and "data transfer" so that it
> will help me to understand the basic structure and it would help me to
> adapt to the application that I require . I followed the installation
> instructions thouroughly for both socketapi and sctplib....by doing
> "./configure","make" and "make install" respectively. I am more intetested
> in the "C" examples within the socketapi. So I used the "K develop 1.4" to
> execute the c examples...and I tried running all the examples.....the
> furthest I can get from the results is "starting server on port 7,9,13,19"
> when I run "./TCP_Combined_server - V". I am using linux version 2.4.17.
> The question is .......
> Is there an example that when executed from the "command prompt" or the
> "ide" that would enable an "association" and a "data transfer" to take
> place (either in "c" or "c++") . If the examples that is within the
> socketapi package enables the "association" and "data transfer", then what
> are the commands that need to be invoked when executed and which example to
> be used? Am I missing something from the environment setup.....is there a
> document that explains more in detail about the examples..... Thanks for
> your help!!!

The socket API implements draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctpsocket-04.txt. Therefore, you
can use SCTP like TCP or UDP. For examples how to use the socket API, see the
socket_programs/ directory.
The socket API also contains C++ wrapper classes in the cppsocketapi/
directory. Example programs for these wrapper classes are in the
cppsocket_programs/ directory. There, you will find sctpmultiserver (which
provides echo, discard, daytime, chargen) and sctpterminal. To establish an
association, use sctperminal <server-IP or hostname>:<port> (echo=7,
discard=9, daytime=13, chargen=19). Using e.g. echo, you can enter lines at
the sctpterminal; they will be sent to the server and echoed back.

Dipl.-Inform. Thomas Dreibholz

University of Essen, Room ES210
Inst. for Experimental Mathematics Ellernstraße 29
Computer Networking Technology Group D-45326 Essen/Germany
E-Mail:
dreibh AT exp-math.uni-essen.de
Homepage: http://www.exp-math.uni-essen.de/~dreibh