Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Retransmission parameter for streams?

  • From: Michael Tüxen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: "Oon Heok Kee" <oonheokkee78 AT hotmail.com>
  • Cc: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Retransmission parameter for streams?
  • Date: Tue Dec 3 09:42:01 2002

the retransmission limits can be set for a path and for assocs. They
define when a path or assoc fails. This does not make any sense for
streams. So you can not set it.

You could only think of limiting the lifetime of user data based on
number of retransmissions and use PRSCTP to drop the userdata. But
I do not see any application for that because you do not know how
long it takes to do n retransmissions. So using a real lifetime seems
to be better and makes sense.