Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Difference between sctp library and sctp socket API

  • From: Michael Tüxen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: Vaishali Athale <avaishali AT yahoo.com>
  • Cc: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Difference between sctp library and sctp socket API
  • Date: Sun Dec 8 19:57:00 2002

Hi Vaishali,

the sctplib uses a call back API which is similar to
the one described in RFC 2960. This is a proprietary
API used only in our implementation. Other user land
implementations use a different API.

A socket API is described in
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctpsocket-05.txt
which is implemented in the socketapi library.

The socketapi library uses the sctplib. The sctplib uses a raw
socket. But the user of the sctplib or the socketapi does not
use it directly.

Please have a look at the included example programs.