Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Need Help to Compile

  • From: Michael Tüxen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: fcsoares AT zipmail.com.br
  • Cc: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Need Help to Compile
  • Date: Wed Mar 19 22:22:02 2003

Hi Fernando,

see my comments below.

On Wednesday, Mar 19, 2003, at 13:06 Europe/Berlin, fcsoares AT zipmail.com.br wrote:

Hi,

I'm a newer programer in SCTP plataform for LINUX and Ie downloaded
the 'sctplib-1.0.0-pre19' for testing.

I've read all the README and INSTALL files but I didn find how to compile
the example programs using the gcc...

just
./configure
make
su
make install
and everything gets compiled and installed.
I think there is another manner to compile, different from the usual 'gcc
test.c -o test' ... I don know...

Doing this, the error message is related to the missing of some libraries....

use the above method.

For your knowlogment, I've re-compiled and prepared my Linux kernel 4.18,
using the lksctp 4.18...

lksctp is a kernel implementation, sctplib is a user land implementation.
You can use only one.
Now, to test some SCTP properties, I downloaded the 'sctplib-1.0.0-pre19'...
That's it...
If have the kernel support you do not need (and cannot use) the sctplib.

And I hope not writing stupid questions....

As I said above, I'm just beginning everything... :-)

Thanks

Fernando Soares - Brazil