Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Communication lost (status 1)

  • From: Michael Tüxen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: "Eng Se-Hsieng" <g0202512 AT nus.edu.sg>
  • Cc: <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Communication lost (status 1)
  • Date: Sun Apr 13 19:07:01 2003

see my comments below.

On Saturday, Apr 12, 2003, at 09:07 Europe/Berlin, Eng Se-Hsieng wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to set up the implementation but I can't seem to get it working even on localhost. Ethereal logs (attached) consistently give me "Incorrect Adler 32"

You are correct, the Adler Checksum is incorrect, because it is a correct CRC32C.
In Ethereal use Preferences in the edit Menu. Click on 'Protocols' in the left pane.
Select SCTP. You can now choose the checksum algorithm. Automatic is very convenient.
Click on Save, Apply and OK. Now ethereal will automatically detect the used checksum
algorithm.
Node 1% ./echo_server -V -s 127.0.0.1
1 : Communication up (10 In-Streams, 10 Out-Streams)
1 : Communication lost (status 1)

Node 2% ./terminal -V -r 7 -s 127.0.0.1 -d 127.0.0.1
1 : Communication lost (status 1)

Similar behaviour with discard_server -V -s 127.0.0.1
Node 1% ./discard_server -V -s 127.0.0.1
1: Communication up (1 paths)
1: Communication lost (status 1)

The problem is that the sctp is designed that it only runs
once on a host. You are using it multiple times. If you
want to do this the OOTB handling of the SCTP engine
must be disabled. You can do this with the -i option.
YOu must use for the server and the client.
But I recommend using two computers.
I am running a Linux Redhat 8.0 system (gcc 3.2)

Thank you for your comments.

Regards,
Se-Hsieng

<essen>