[SCTP-Discussion] (no subject)

  • From: "Elangovan, Sumathi " <Sumathi.Elangovan AT thalesgroup.com>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de, 'Michael Tuexen' <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] (no subject)
  • Date: Thu Mar 18 18:07:08 2004

Hi!!
I have got a couple of queries
Firstly is the Multi homing feature automatically enabled whenever a SCTP
association take place. By that I mean is all the addresses available at
each endpoint defined in the INIT chunk.If thats the case is it possible to
define just one address in the association process
Another problem that I am facing is that...even though there are two
adddresses available at each endpoint, the program is able to connect to the
primary address which and then for some reason after sending some data to
the primary address it changes to the secondary address and send the rest of
the data........ I checked my traces and there are no packet drops, no
delays or any kind of network failure happening for it to changeover for no
reason...could you please shed some light on this..............
thanks for ur help.............

Regards
Sumathi Elangovan

Sumathi Elangovan
Design Engineer
Thales Research and Technology(UK) Ltd
Reading
Tel: 0118 923 8272
Email :
Sumathi.Elangovan AT thalesgroup.com

  • [SCTP-Discussion] (no subject), Elangovan, Sumathi , 03/18/2004