Re: [SCTP-Discussion] CRC calculation problem

  • From: Andreas Jungmaier <ajung AT exp-math.uni-essen.de>
  • To: "S.Gobinath" <gobinath AT acmet.com>
  • Cc: <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] CRC calculation problem
  • Date: Wed Mar 31 12:17:01 2004

actually this is not the appropriate place to discuss the
OpenSS7 SCTP implementation.

This mailing list was created for the discussion around
sctlib, which is a userland SCTP implementation, and the
socket-api library, which adds a socket interface to sctplib.

For questions on the OpenSS7 implementation you might
want to contact Brian Bidulock (not sure if there is also
a mailing list for this implementation). His address is
<bidulock AT openss7.org>

Best regards,
Andreas

On Mittwoch 31 März 2004 11:53, S.Gobinath wrote:
> Dear!
> We are using Linux 2.4.18 and to support SCTP we have
> downloaded the patch provided in www.openss7.org.
> <http://www.openss7.org./>
> We have configured two systems with the patch file
> kernel-2.4.18-sctp.0.2.19.gz.
>
> We tried to communicate between two systems through SCTP socket
> programming. But the association between two is not able to establish.
> We also captured the packets using ethereal network analyzer.
>
> We found one system generating correct 32-bit Check sum and
> the other one always sending the check sum value as "0x00000000"
>
> The scenario we found is as follows,
>
> END A
> END B
> (Sends INIT with
> ------------------------------------------>(receives the INIT and
> validates the checksum)
> Correct check sum)
>

> (Discards the INIT ACK
> Since check sum is not correct)
> <----------------------------------------(Send INIT ACK with check sum
> value as 0x00000000)
>
> (After Time out)
>
> (Sends INIT with
> ------------------------------------------>(receives the INIT and
> validates the checksum)
> Correct check sum)
>

> (Discards the INIT ACK
> Since check sum is not correct)
> <----------------------------------------(Send INIT ACK with check sum
> value as 0x00000000)
>
> (Same process is getting repeated)
>

> Please tell us how to make two systems to communicate with proper check
> sum value.
>
> With best regards,
> S.Gobinath.

- --
Dipl.-Ing. Andreas Jungmaier
Computer Networking Technology Group
University of Duisburg-Essen
http://www.exp-math.uni-essen.de/~ajung
PGP Key-ID: D382 4AC0

PGP Key-Fingerprint: 228C 7C2C 3381 2DD4 9998 2812 5C0B 0B04 D382 4AC0