[SCTP-Discussion] How this case is handled in SCTP

  • From: Vijaya Kumar <vijayk AT cdotb.ernet.in>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] How this case is handled in SCTP
  • Date: Tue Jul 20 14:12:01 2004

Rfc 2960 section 5.2.4 explains how to handle cookie echo chunk when there is an association already.
But following case I couldn't corelate with whatever explained in the RFC. See the following case
and please let me know how handled according to rfc 2960

Sctp Stack A Sctp Stack B
| |
/------+------\ /------+------\
< CLOSED > < CLOSED >
\------+------/ \------+------/
Associate | |
------->| INIT {Init-Tag =x} |
|------------------------------>|
| |
/------+------\ |
< COOKIE-WAIT > |
\------+------/ |
| INIT-ACK{Init-Tag=y} |
|<------------------------------|
| | Associate
|--\ |<-----------
| \ INIT{Init-Tag=z}|
| \ /------|
| \ / |
| \ / |
| \ / /------+------\
| \ / < COOKIE-WAIT >
| \ / \------+------/
|<---------------- / |
| \ COOKIE-ECHO |
| \----------------->|
| |
| |
| |
| |

When user request to open an association at end B Stack B sends Init chunk to
stack A.
But Before this Stack B received Init from Stack A and sent Init Ack. In
Cookie Wait state
Stack B may receive COOKIE-ECHO.

COOKIE-ECHO local tie-tag = Not in cookie
remote tie-tag = Not in cookie
local tag matches doesn't match (y != z)
remote tag doesn't matches(x != 0)

For above case i am not getting any matches in RFC 2960. Please tell me how
this case is
handled.