[SCTP-Discussion] Problem witth ext_recv

  • From: Le Vinh Dat <vinhdat82 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] Problem witth ext_recv
  • Date: Wed Sep 22 17:12:01 2004

Hi all,
I got a problem with ext_recv().
I'm implementing a client and a server using
socketapi. The server transfers the requested file
name to the client.

When I use IPPROTO_SCTP:
if((sockfd=ext_socket(AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM,
IPPROTO_SCTP))==-1)
if(ext_send(new_fd, buffer,
MAXBUFFERSIZE*sizeof(char), 0)==-1)
while((numbytes=ext_recv(sockfd, buffer,
MAXBUFFERSIZE*sizeof(char), 0))>0)

=> My client seems not be able to receive large data
file (>2600bytes) while my server keeps sending file

When I modify my programs to IPPROTO_TCP
if((sockfd=ext_socket(AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM,
IPPROTO_TCP))==-1)
=> My client and server work perfectly with large data
file (>200MB).

What is wrong with my programs?
My combination is RH9.0, sctplib-1.0.1 and
socketapi-1.3.1. My combination works fine for all
sample programs.

Thank you very much for your help.
Sincerely yours,
Le Vinh Dat