[SCTP-Discussion] A problem using ext_select on a seqpacket sctp client socket

  • From: Julien Vanegue <jvanegue AT citypassenger.com>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] A problem using ext_select on a seqpacket sctp client socket
  • Date: Thu Oct 14 15:12:01 2004

Hi everyone,

I need to use ext_select() on a seqpacket sctp socket.

Using sctplib-1.0.1 and socketapi-1.3.1, I am unable to
receive pending data (the remote sctp server socket effectively
send the data, as shown by a running sniffer - tcpdump 3.7.2 using
libpcap 0.7.2 - ).

All attempt to ext_select() a seqpacket sctp client socket leads
to a blocking select, which does not wake up even if input data
is provided to the sctp client socket.

Is there any issue with ext_select on seqpacket sctp socket ?
Is it a known bug, or is there another common way to do that
for this kind of socket ?

----
Julien Vanegue
Citypassenger - wireless telecoms

  • [SCTP-Discussion] A problem using ext_select on a seqpacket sctp client socket, Julien Vanegue, 10/14/2004