[SCTP-Discussion] sctpmultiserver and sctpterminal help

  • From: IOT Developer-1 <iotdev1 AT intelligentonetechnologies.com>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] sctpmultiserver and sctpterminal help
  • Date: Thu Mar 10 17:22:01 2005
Hi,

I have successfully compiled and installed the OpenSS7 SCTP
distribution.

I can also successfully execute sctpmultiserver and sctpterminal in say
echo mode as long as they both reside on the the same host.

When I attempt to connect to sctpmultiserver when sctpterminal is being
invoked from a remote host, I cannot get a connection. At first I
thought it to be typical firewall issues, however that now doesn't
appear to be the case.

If I fire up ethereal and monitor traffic, I can for example see
connection attempts to port 7 from my remote host when I attempt to
telnet to it. I see no traffic whatsoever when I execute sctpterminal.

This is not a ethereal capture issue, as I can readily capture the SCTP
messages when both client and server are on the same box.

BTW, both boxes are Redhat Linux.

Is there anything additional that I need to do for this scenario? The
only thing odd that I noticed was that if I run ethereal on the remote
host when executing sctpterminal, I do see an adler32 checksum error in
one of the two SCTP packets that are generated. Would this prevent the
packets from ever leaving the remote host? What would cause this?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide in resolving this issue.

Robin